Sunday 28 July 2013

Meet the Chef


Passionate about cooking from the tender age,Executive  Chef Shaik Mohammad Sultan has gone a long way as far as cooking is concerned. With more than a decade of cooking experience in the Kingdom, Chef Sultan undoubtedly perfected the meticulous palate of the Arab world as well as the International taste of the Hotel’s regular guests.
So when did you start being passionate with food?
I began being passionate with food from my school days. I did my schooling in a boarding school. Just like any other boarders, I left with no choice..You know, one tends to dabble in cooking to get away from the well meaning Matrons’ Stew.
Where and when did you start cooking as a profession?
I first joined as a Chef Trainee with the Taj Group of Hotels in India, while completing my Hotel Management studies
How many years  have you been working for Elite? How is it working in Bahrain?
I have been with  Elite for more than a decade now. Bahrain is a bit enigmatic – Though very few locally available ingredients, plenty of imports and that’s a Gamble - sometimes getting the very basic is a struggle, and yet you unexpectedly find a lot things you are amazed.
Describe your cooking philosophy
Keep it Simple
Are there key Ingredients you are focusing this whole duration of Ramadan season?
Dates are intrinsic to Ramadan, and variety of dates available is a boon Try our Dates pies, Date Cakes, Dates puddings and savour the blessed “desert “ 
Variety of dates
Hot & Cold Mezze

Al Noor Tent




No comments:

Post a Comment